* nnrss links
@ 2006-05-05  1:20 Eythan Weg
       [not found] ` <87veslmfn3.fsf-5BmGIU6vVXU6GL+IUqp+Xg@public.gmane.org>
From: Eythan Weg @ 2006-05-05  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Is it possible to make the subject in a summary
buffer a link to the url?  The subject text is
often sufficient to determine the interest in
reading the article pointed to by the link and in
this way one saves some keyboarding.

Thank you.  Eythan

* Re: nnrss links
       [not found] ` <87veslmfn3.fsf-5BmGIU6vVXU6GL+IUqp+Xg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2006-05-06 11:38   ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2006-05-06 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

weg-5BmGIU6vVXU6GL+IUqp+Xg@public.gmane.org (Eythan Weg) writes:

> Is it possible to make the subject in a summary buffer a link to the
> url? The subject text is often sufficient to determine the interest
> in reading the article pointed to by the link and in this way one
> saves some keyboarding.

From my .gnus, collected here on ding, I guess:
,----
| (defun jk/browse-nnrss-url(arg)
|   (interactive "p")
|   (let ((url (assq nnrss-url-field
|                    (mail-header-extra
|                     (gnus-data-header
|                      (assq (gnus-summary-article-number)
|                            gnus-newsgroup-data))))))
|     (if url
|         (progn
|           (browse-url (cdr url))
|           (gnus-summary-mark-as-read-forward 1))
|       (gnus-summary-scroll-up arg))))
| (add-to-list 'nnmail-extra-headers nnrss-url-field)
| (add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook
|           (lambda ()
|             (if (string-match "nnrss" gnus-newsgroup-name)
|                 (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd "<RET>") 'jk/browse-nnrss-url))))
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)

* Re: nnrss links
@ 2006-05-08 12:11     ` Eythan Weg
From: Eythan Weg @ 2006-05-08 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

 From: Jochen Küpper <jochen@fhi-berlin.mpg.de>
 Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 13:38:33 +0200

> From my .gnus, collected here on ding, I guess:
> ,----
> | (defun jk/browse-nnrss-url(arg)
> |   (interactive "p")
> |   (let ((url (assq nnrss-url-field
> |                    (mail-header-extra
> |                     (gnus-data-header
> |                      (assq (gnus-summary-article-number)
> |                            gnus-newsgroup-data))))))
> |     (if url
> |         (progn
> |           (browse-url (cdr url))
> |           (gnus-summary-mark-as-read-forward 1))
> |       (gnus-summary-scroll-up arg))))
> | (add-to-list 'nnmail-extra-headers nnrss-url-field)
> | (add-hook 'gnus-summary-mode-hook
> |           (lambda ()
> |             (if (string-match "nnrss" gnus-newsgroup-name)
> |                 (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd "<RET>") 'jk/browse-nnrss-url))))

Thank you.  works very well.  eythan.