From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
Subject: Re: How to change the default ~/Mail and ~/News dirs with their subdirs?
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:43:38 +0200	[thread overview]

On Sun,  4 Sep 2005 00:18:18 +0200, romeomedina\@libero\.it wrote:

> . But now, after receiving mail, another two dirs were created
> by gnus: 'mail' and 'mail/misc'. In fact, now my tree is the following:

[...]

> . Any idea of how to eliminate 'mail' and 'mail/misc'?
> I couldn't find an answer in the Manual.

Your email is put ("split") into one or more groups (you can think of
these as folders, if you like).

Try reading about that in the manual (the nodes "Getting Started
Reading Mail" and "Splitting Mail").

I would recommend reading more of the manual before trying to bend
Gnus over backwards into doing what you think it should :-)

  Best of luck,

--
 "Scare yourself into empty space                             Adam Sjøgren
  A distant star above the human race"                   asjo@koldfront.dk