* nognus0.3 is slow with new imap server
@ 2005-05-05 10:50 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-05-05 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I am using xemacs 21.4.17 and no gnus 0.3. My university changed some
weeks ago its imap server, and ever since gnus is slow. When I enter a
imap group stay there for a while and try to return it takes minutes
sometimes nothing happens and control-g is the only possibility to
leave. Especially when I send mail (I have gcc-self t) then although
the mail/post is sent, the copy is not put in the imap folder.

telnet ucimap.ucm.es 143

Gives me

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---

Trying 147.96.1.162...
Connected to ucimap.ucm.es.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
CHILDREN BINARY LANGUAGE XSENDER X-NETSCAPE XSERVERINFO AUTH=PLAIN]
Messaging Multiplexor (Sun Java(tm) System Messaging Server 6.1 Patch
0.11 (built Jan 28 2005))

Can anybody tell me what I could do? Thanks

Uwe Brauer

PS since quimby.gnus.org server was down, at least for me, I used my
university news server, my post of yesterday appears at the university
news server but not here in quimby, is there any reason for this?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-05-05 10:50 UTC | newest]