From: Jochen Hein <jochen@jochen.org>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: ngnus and encrypted UTF-8 mails
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:43:45 +0200	[thread overview]

[Do you have a valid GnuPG key?  All I find is expired keys]

> Jochen Hein <jochen@jochen.org> writes:
>
>> [Quoted text removed due to X-No-Archive]
>
> I'm not sure what "pgp-mail sencrypt in my BBDB address book" implies?

This tells Gnus to encrypt outgoing mail to that recipient.  And
sencrypt works ok with older Gnus versions (except umlauts), but
encrypt doesn't.

> Are you using the MML PGP tags?

Yes.

> Vanilla PGP or PGP/MIME?

This mail should be in Vanilla PGP, as the mails I have problems with.

> Vanilla PGP
> works badly with non-ASCII, so it is difficult to make it work
> properly (although we should make a best effort).  Can you quote the
> *mail* buffer (with MML tags)

No MML tags.

,---- *mail* buffer
| From: Jochen Hein <jochen@jochen.org>
| To: Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com>
| Subject: Re: ngnus and encrypted UTF-8 mails
| Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:33:00 +0200
|
| < # p a r t encrypt=pgp>
| Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:
|
| > Jochen Hein <jochen@jochen.org> writes:
| >
| >> [Quoted text removed due to X-No-Archive]
| >
| > I'm not sure what "pgp-mail sencrypt in my BBDB address book" implies?
|
| This tells Gnus to encrypt outgoing mail to that recipient.  And
| sencrypt works ok with older Gnus versions (except umlauts), but
| encrypt doesn't.
|
| > Are you using the MML PGP tags?
|
| No.
|
| > Vanilla PGP or PGP/MIME?
|
| This mail should be in Vanilla PGP, as the mails I have problems with.
|
| > Vanilla PGP
| > works badly with non-ASCII, so it is difficult to make it work
| > properly (although we should make a best effort).  Can you quote the
| > *mail* buffer (with MML tags)
|
| No MML tags.
|
| > and then the contents of a C-u C-c C-m
| > P?
| >

| --
| #include <~/.signature>: permission denied
`----

Umlaut test line
ä ae
ö oe
ü ue
ß sz
Ä Ae
Ö Oe
Ü Ue

The problem might be that I use UTF-8 as my default character
encoding.  The recipients still use iso-8859-15.  One ngnus gets
released, I might change the recieving systems to a newer gnus.

Jochen

--
#include <~/.signature>: permission denied