* Simplifying split-fancy rules
@ 2003-10-29 16:44 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-10-29 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can the following split-fancy expressions be combined in someway since they
all end up in the same place?

        (any "ding@gnus.org" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")
        (any "ding@gnus.com" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")
        (any "ding@hpc.uh.edu" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")
        (any "ding@ifi.uio.no" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                    Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center                 Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                 www.principiapartners.com

* Re: Simplifying split-fancy rules
@ 2003-10-29 17:36 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2003-10-29 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ (info "(emacs)Regexps") ]
| `\( ... \)'
|      is a grouping construct that serves three purposes:
|
|        1. To enclose a set of `\|' alternatives for other operations.
|           Thus, `\(foo\|bar\)x' matches either `foox' or `barx'.
`----

See my previous message for an example:

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Simplifying split-fancy rules
@ 2003-10-29 19:40 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2003-10-29 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> Can the following split-fancy expressions be combined in someway since they
> all end up in the same place?
>
>         (any "ding@gnus.org" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")
>         (any "ding@gnus.com" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")
>         (any "ding@hpc.uh.edu" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")
>         (any "ding@ifi.uio.no" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")

You could use (regexp-opt '("ding@gnus.org" "ding@gnus.com" "ding@etc."))
to get a single regexp that matched all of those strings.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell

* Re: Simplifying split-fancy rules
@ 2003-10-29 19:59   ` Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-10-29 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

   DZM> Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:
   >> Can the following split-fancy expressions be combined in someway since they
   >> all end up in the same place?
   >>
   >> (any "ding@gnus.org" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")
   >> (any "ding@gnus.com" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")
   >> (any "ding@hpc.uh.edu" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")
   >> (any "ding@ifi.uio.no" "INBOX/Emacs/ding")

   DZM> You could use (regexp-opt '("ding@gnus.org" "ding@gnus.com" "ding@etc."))
   DZM> to get a single regexp that matched all of those strings.

That is pretty cool!.  I guess I can run that once in *scratch* to examine
the results and hard-code the answer in nnimap-split-fancy directly.

Thanks!