* Limit to two extra headers?
@ 2002-10-13 19:02 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-10-13 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I guess many people have To and Cc in nnmail-extra-headers and
gnus-extra-headers.

WIBNI there was an easy way to limit to all messages sent to John?
Right now, you can do `/ x To RET' and get some of them, and `/ x Cc
RET' to get the others, but I'm not aware that there is a way to get
all of them at once.

kai

* Re: Limit to two extra headers?
@ 2002-10-14  4:58 ` Mark Triggs
From: Mark Triggs @ 2002-10-14  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> I guess many people have To and Cc in nnmail-extra-headers and
> gnus-extra-headers.
>
> WIBNI there was an easy way to limit to all messages sent to John?
> Right now, you can do `/ x To RET' and get some of them, and `/ x Cc
> RET' to get the others, but I'm not aware that there is a way to get
> all of them at once.

You might be able to achieve the same effect (although it's a bit of a
round-about way of doing it) by doing something like:

  (gnus-summary-execute-command "To" "John" "#" nil)
  (gnus-summary-execute-command "Cc" "John" "#" nil)
  (gnus-summary-limit-to-articles nil)

That is, mark all articles either sent to or cc'd to John, and then
limit the summary to all marked articles (this would use the '&' and
'/n' keystrokes in the summary buffer).

Hope this helps, at least a bit :o)

Mark

--