* archive methods and message-mode as a mail-user-agent
@ 1999-08-06  5:30 Greg Stark
From: Greg Stark @ 1999-08-06  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From the info pages:

>    Gnus will insert `Gcc' headers in all outgoing messages that point
> to one or more group(s) on that server.  Which group to use is
> determined by the `gnus-message-archive-group' variable.

This doesn't seem to be very true, at least it makes "Gnus" insert Gcc on all
outgoing messages, but it doesn't make message-mode do it itself.

I'm in the habit of using C-x m to send mail and finding Gcc doesn't get set
up then. Thing is Gcc isn't very useful unless it's _always_ consistently set.

So how should I set things up so that Gcc is reliable set to "nnml:sent" if my
gnus-archive-group-name function isn't run by gnus?

Also, the following reads very strangely:

>    This variable can be used to do the following:
>
>    * a string Messages will be saved in that group.

and incidentally, it doesn't list the possibility of setting this variable to
a function, which the code handles. (UTSL:)

--
greg

* Re: archive methods and message-mode as a mail-user-agent
@ 1999-08-09 10:24 ` Robert Bihlmeyer
From: Robert Bihlmeyer @ 1999-08-09 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

 Greg> So how should I set things up so that Gcc is reliable set to
 Greg> "nnml:sent" if my gnus-archive-group-name function isn't run by
 Greg> gnus?

I have the following in my .emacs:

    (setq mail-user-agent 'message-user-agent
      message-default-mail-headers "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:misc-mail\n"
      message-default-news-headers "Gcc: nnfolder+archive:misc-news\n")

Adapt accordingly.

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>