* make emacs handle 'if fi' like it does parens
@ 2022-02-12 15:50 hput
From: hput @ 2022-02-12 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Version: GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit,\
cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2021-11-05

Seems like google is getting harder and harder to find the right
strings to unearth wanted info.

We have a fine manual but it doesn't respond well to the hill-billy
strings my imagination supplies when using the info 'i' or 's'
searches.

At any rate, I'm not having much luck looking for ways to make emacs
handle 'if', 'fi' in any shell-scripting mode, like it does parens in
things like cperl-mode.

I'd like to be able to jump between matching `if fi' and have the
matching pardner hilite as when putting cursor just after closing
paren.

If it is possible using standard emacs commands already, maybe
someone will be kind enough to mention the combinations?  If not, then
.. where might I find code that does what I'm after?