Gnus development mailing list
From: Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: I want to expire some even if unread
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 17:26:59 +0100

On Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 02:35, davidandrewrogers@gmail.com wrote:
> The manual states more than once that gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups
> only expires messages that have been read; my question is about
> expiring *all* messages, even the unread ones, when they get old. If
> gnus-auto-expirable-newsgroups can be made to expire both read and
> unread together, then that's great. (but please tell me how)

I use "M H" and "M h" (selective catch-up, sorting the group by date,
say) all the time to catch up many articles without reading them.  My
understanding is that these are then marked as having been read and,
with the setting that others have noted, will then participate in the
expiry process.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.3.7 on Debian bullseye/sid

  parent reply index