* Re: bleeding edge
       [not found] <11a10ec6137448c49aa153201409d3da@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-05-20  8:38 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-05-20  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Friday, 20 May 2016 at 07:54, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I still use the git version of gnus which is Ma Gnus v0.16.
>
> But as I understand the most recent version of gnus is not any longer
> that one but the one which is in the trunc of GNU Emacs (25) Master. Is
> this correct?

Annoyingly, yes, I believe this is the case.  I am also stuck with the
git version of gnus as I'm not willing to track the emacs development
that closely.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 25.0.92.1 + Gnus v5.13 + evil-git-ff74cfb

* Re: bleeding edge
@ 2016-05-28 21:55   ` Vincent Bernat
From: Vincent Bernat @ 2016-05-28 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

 ❦ 20 mai 2016 10:38 CEST, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> :

>> I still use the git version of gnus which is Ma Gnus v0.16.
>>
>> But as I understand the most recent version of gnus is not any longer
>> that one but the one which is in the trunc of GNU Emacs (25) Master. Is
>> this correct?
>
> Annoyingly, yes, I believe this is the case.  I am also stuck with the
> git version of gnus as I'm not willing to track the emacs development
> that closely.

The git repository has been deleted. There is no tarball available. How
one is supposed to install Ma Gnus 0.15 on a released version of Emacs?
--
Choose a data representation that makes the program simple.

* Re: bleeding edge
@ 2016-05-21  9:32   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2016-05-21  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> "Eric" == Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
   >> Hi
   >>
   >> I still use the git version of gnus which is Ma Gnus v0.16.
   >>
   >> But as I understand the most recent version of gnus is not any longer
   >> that one but the one which is in the trunc of GNU Emacs (25) Master. Is
   >> this correct?

   > Yup, that's correct -- Gnus development is now being done inside the
   > Emacs repo. Hope you wanted a bleeding edge Emacs, too :)

Thanks using it (25.1.50) already :-D

* Re: bleeding edge
@ 2016-05-20  8:10 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2016-05-20  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hi
>
> I still use the git version of gnus which is Ma Gnus v0.16.
>
> But as I understand the most recent version of gnus is not any longer
> that one but the one which is in the trunc of GNU Emacs (25) Master. Is
> this correct?

Yup, that's correct -- Gnus development is now being done inside the
Emacs repo. Hope you wanted a bleeding edge Emacs, too :)

* bleeding edge
@ 2016-05-20  7:54 Uwe Brauer