* Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
@ 2014-12-29  1:27 Eric
From: Eric @ 2014-12-29  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,
I am using emacs 24.4. Following this instruction:
http://superuser.com/questions/86798/multiple-email-accounts-from-the-same-server-in-emacs-gnus

I have two account, my setup is like this:

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
	     '(nnimap "name1"
                      (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                      (nnimap-server-port 993)
                      (nnimap-stream ssl)
                      (nnir-search-engine imap)
                      (nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash")
                      (nnmail-expiry-wait 90))
	     '(nnimap "name2"
                     (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                     (nnimap-server-port 993)
                     (nnimap-stream ssl)))

the authinfo file has:
machine name1 login email1@gmail.com password mypass1 port 993 force yes
machine name2 login email2@gmail.com password mypass2 port 993 force yes

but it doesn't work for me. There are several other solutions like this
online. Looks like gnus is trying to connect to name1 and name2 which is not
a real server name. It might be possible by editing the etc/host file.

Does anyone has a working setup with the server aliasing approach?
Thanks a lot.
Eric

* Re: Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
@ 2014-12-29  9:11 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-12-29  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Eric writes:

> Does anyone has a working setup with the server aliasing approach?

This works for me:

,----[ ~/.gnus ]

`----

,----[ ~/.authinfo ]

| machine gmail login account@gmail.com password "accountpassword" port imap
| machine gmail2 login account2@gmail.com password "account2password" port imap

`----

What happens when you try? Do you get any errors in the " *Messages*"
buffer? What does C-h v gnus-secondary-select-methods RET say?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "He also no longer jokes about world domination; it          Adam Sjøgren
  was only funny when it was obviously meant in jest."   asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
@ 2015-02-04 11:46   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2015-02-04 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:11:10 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> This works for me:

AS> ,----[ ~/.gnus ]
AS> |
AS> | (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnimap "gmail"     (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))
AS> |                                       (nnimap "gmail2"    (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))))
AS> |
AS> `----

AS> ,----[ ~/.authinfo ]
AS> |
AS> | machine gmail login account@gmail.com password "accountpassword" port imap
AS> | machine gmail2 login account2@gmail.com password "account2password" port imap
AS> |
AS> `----

Could you add this to the auth.texi manual?  Or I can?  It's a FAQ for
sure.

Ted

* Re: Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
@ 2015-02-05  3:13     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-02-05  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:11:10 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:
>
> AS> This works for me:
>
> AS> ,----[ ~/.gnus ]
> AS> |
> AS> | (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnimap "gmail"
> AS> | (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))
> AS> |                                       (nnimap "gmail2"
> AS> | (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com"))))
> AS> |
> AS> `----
>
> AS> ,----[ ~/.authinfo ]
> AS> |
> AS> | machine gmail login account@gmail.com password "accountpassword" port imap
> AS> | machine gmail2 login account2@gmail.com password
> AS> | "account2password" port imap
> AS> |
> AS> `----
>
> Could you add this to the auth.texi manual?  Or I can?  It's a FAQ for
> sure.

Yeah; it should go in the manual.

* Re: Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
@ 2015-02-05 10:52       ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2015-02-05 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 14:13:40 +1100 Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

>> Could you add this to the auth.texi manual?  Or I can?  It's a FAQ for
>> sure.

LI> Yeah; it should go in the manual.

Added.

Ted

* Re: Need help on setting multiple gmail imap account
@ 2015-02-05 15:51     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2015-02-05 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted writes:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:11:10 +0100 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

> AS> This works for me:

[...]

> Could you add this to the auth.texi manual?  Or I can?  It's a FAQ for
> sure.

You're very welcome to do so. Thanks!

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The success of open source code is perhaps the only         Adam Sjøgren
  thing in the computer field that hasn't surprised me   asjo@koldfront.dk