* nnml group has move messages than gnus sees
@ 2014-08-24 21:01 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2014-08-24 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I should know how to do this and seem to recall having done it at some
time in the past.  That is:

Make gnus `see' messages in a (nnml) group that are not showing up by
normal means.

Gnus `sees' 1459 messages in nnml:all

ls sees 6409 in ~/Mail/all

I ran
M-x: nnml-generate-nov-databases-directory <RET>  ~/Mail/all <RET>

But message count stayed at 1459.

I tried rm Mail/all/.overview

Then nnml-generate-nov-databases-directory

Still no change in count.

So, how to make gnus `see' the other 4500 or so messages?

These messages have been moved around a bit.  I rsynced my whole mail
setup from one machine to another a while back but saw no errors or
etc.

However, it may be the case that I am just now noticing the anomally
and it has been there ever since the move.

But in general, how would one go about forcing gnus to recognize the
missing messages?

* Re: nnml group has move messages than gnus sees
@ 2015-01-27  7:19 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-01-27  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Putnam; +Cc: ding

> I should know how to do this and seem to recall having done it at some
> time in the past.  That is:
>
> Make gnus `see' messages in a (nnml) group that are not showing up by
> normal means.
>
> Gnus `sees' 1459 messages in nnml:all
>
> ls sees 6409 in ~/Mail/all
>
> I ran
> M-x: nnml-generate-nov-databases-directory <RET>  ~/Mail/all <RET>
>
> But message count stayed at 1459.

Even if you enter the group with `C-u RET'?