* Extracting all videos attached to emails from emails?
@ 2014-09-02  8:05 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-09-02  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

After my external hdd was stolen (it was in a safe which was stolen...)
I lost my pictures and videos I took.  Luckily, I could get the pictures
back (although in a lower resolution but still fine) but my movies are
gone.

Over time, I mailed the best ones via gmail to friends and family, so I
have them in my emails. As I have many emails, I am looking for a
scriptable way of extracting all videos which are attached to emails.

Is there a simple way to do it with gnus?

Or do you have ay opther suggestions (I am using notmuch to index all my
mail)?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 494 bytes --]

* Re: Extracting all videos attached to emails from emails?
@ 2014-09-02  9:41 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2014-09-02  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, Sep 02 2014, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> Or do you have ay opther suggestions

Hi,

Please find attached a script, that does something similar (it extracts
images from emails). Perhaps it can help you...

--
           Peter

[-- Attachment #2: make-fotos.sh --]
[-- Type: application/x-shellscript, Size: 3069 bytes --]

* Re: Extracting all videos attached to emails from emails?
@ 2014-09-02 10:23   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-09-02 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Münster; +Cc: ding

Thanks peter - that looks like something I can use.

As I am using a Mac, I am going to use ripmime or munpack instead of
mhstore they are available via homebrew (which I am using).

Thanks a lot - very nice aud useful script!

Rainer

@ 2015-01-27  5:25 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-01-27  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: ding

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Over time, I mailed the best ones via gmail to friends and family, so I
> have them in my emails. As I have many emails, I am looking for a
> scriptable way of extracting all videos which are attached to emails.
>
> Is there a simple way to do it with gnus?

`X m' will save all MIME parts of the specified type of the
process-marked articles, so that should generally work for this kind of
stuff...