* strange problem with IMAP
@ 2013-11-19  9:49 Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2013-11-19  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I am having a strange problem with gnus and an Outlook server which I access using nnimap.  I get this output in my *nnimap [...] *nntpd** buffer:

-----------------------
293 UID FETCH 10147:* FLAGS

s"
a"

te.
227 BAD Command received in Invalid state.
* BYE Connection closed. 14

Process *nnimap* connection broken by remote peer
-------------------------

I am writing this using Outlook Web App so please excuse formatting (and probably HTML etc.) :(

Any suggestions on how to get gnus working again would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
eric

* Re: strange problem with IMAP
@ 2013-11-19 12:08 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2013-11-19 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Any suggestions on how to get gnus working again would be most appreciated!

If this happened in git gnus, and it happened after your last pull, then
I suggest using git bisect to find the offending commit.

* Re: strange problem with IMAP
@ 2013-11-19 13:57   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-11-19 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>> Any suggestions on how to get gnus working again would be most appreciated!
>
> If this happened in git gnus, and it happened after your last pull, then
> I suggest using git bisect to find the offending commit.

Thanks for the suggestion.  It does not appear to be a gnus related
issue after all.  It's Outlook having problems, it would appear.  (what
a surprise...)  Everything's fine now without changing anything at the
gnus end.

Sorry for the noise.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.8 + evil 1.0-dev