* Gnus calendar and org-mode integration
@ 2013-10-02 10:03 Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2013-10-02 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I have been using the ical-event and gnus-calendar-org stuff to handle
all my calendaring needs the last couple of months.

It is really nice to finally be able to do all email and calendaring at
work in Gnus - great work!

I started using calfw which can format org-mode calendars in pretty week
(and other) views:

 * https://github.com/kiwanami/emacs-calfw

Especially with these settings:

  (setq cfw:fchar-junction ?┼
        cfw:fchar-vertical-line ?│
        cfw:fchar-horizontal-line ?─
        cfw:fchar-left-junction ?├
        cfw:fchar-right-junction ?┤
        cfw:fchar-top-junction ?┬
        cfw:fchar-top-left-corner ?╭
        cfw:fchar-top-right-corner ?╮)

There are a few minor snags, though:

 * Repetition on specific weekdays doesn't seem to work. I.e. ":RRULE:
   FREQ=MONTHLY;INTERVAL=6;BYDAY=1FR", which is supposed to be the first
   friday every 6 months (I think), or ":RRULE:
   FREQ=MONTHLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=3MO" which is supposed to be the third
   Monday every month. Is this an org-mode thing or...?

 * Ought the To: and Cc: fields from invitations be transferred to the
   calendar.org file when you click "Export to Org", so you can see why
   was invited?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "The forensic marvel has reduced my logic to shambles."       Adam Sjøgren
                                                          asjo@koldfront.dk