On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:01:20 -0500 (EST), bromley@lavabit.com wrote: > 1. How to verify a signature without Gnus? One way is to simply use gpg from the command line: $ gpg --verify signature.asc content.part If you are using Thunderbird, you can install the Enigmail extension to handle signatures (and other PGP-stuff). > Some of my friends use web interfaces to read email. Can they verify my > PGPMIME signature? I think that depends on whether the web interfaces they use support that functionality? > I assume that they should download raw message, save a part of it to a > file, then verify signature using that file. That would be a way. A very cumbersome way :-) > Is it right? Which part of a raw message should be saved? The part that is signed, and the signature. > 2. Can I encrypt an attachment with Gnus? Sure. When you have attached a file, you can either manually change the "