Ted Zlatanov writes: > On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 18:28:13 +0100 Michael Piotrowski wrote: > > MP> On 2011-03-02, Julien Danjou wrote: >>>> The effect is that `mml2015-epg-encrypt' is unable to get the recipient >>>> from the message and prompts for it. >>> >>> Why? I cannot see why it would fail. > > MP> If message-options is buffer-local, it fails. This is reproducible. > MP> Whether this is a bug in XEmacs or due to XEmacs-only code at some > MP> point, I don't know. > > Me neither. I put in code to do the old behavior for XEmacs but hope > that someone who uses it can tell what's wrong. I guess the cause is: mml-generate-mime calls mml-generate-mime-1, etc. in mm-with-multibyte-buffer. On XEmacs, however, mm-with-multibyte-buffer is defined using with-temp-buffer and local variables are not copied into the new buffer. Here is a patch (not tested).