Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: Hi Lars, >> Ok, I'll do so. Is there a way to check what's the hanging server? >> I have three imap servers. > > You might be able to tell by the length of the buffer. I was, because I have now 6 nnimap buffers for my university imap server. That approximatively matches the number of hangs. ;-) Attached 2 files: nnimap_hang.log contains the last contents of the *nnimap mail.uni-koblenz.de nil *nntpd**<5> which hung and I had to hit C-g. The file nnimap_no_hang shows the contents of the *nnimap mail.uni-koblenz.de nil *nntpd**<6> after hitting `g' in *Group* with no hang while fetching. But they look pretty identical. And the hang seems to occur after fetching has completed anyway...