When calling gnus-summary-articles-in-thread with an article that is different from (gnus-summary-article-number), it can return incorrent results: [post] [reply1] [reply2] [reply3] When calling gnus-summary-articles-in-thread with post's id as argument, while the point is at [reply2], gnus-summary-go-to-next-thread will jump to reply3 causing gnus-summary-articles-in-thread to stop searching for messages right before [reply3]. I think this behaviour is a bug, since it doesn't conform to the function's documentation. I attached a patch that should fix this. Regards, Daniel