On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:15:42 +0200 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Stephen Berman writes: > >> I don't think so: when I start Emacs with -Q, type `M-x gnus', 'y' to >> continue despite having no news server set up, get to the Group buffer, >> type `G f' to visit a file as a foreign group, and that file contains a >> mail with an attached mail as described in my OP, and then follow the >> steps in my OP, I get the same results as I reported in my OP. >> Moreover, stepping through message-reply with edebug, I don't see how >> this can be otherwise. > > Is `message-reply' called by hitting `RET' on a mail address in the > article buffer? I'm not able to reproduce this. Either by hitting RET or clicking on the address (mouse-1 or mouse-2). The call path is gnus-widget-press-button -> gnus-article-press-button -> gnus-button-reply -> message-reply. It's not just any mail address that triggers the problem, but one in the header of an attached forwarded email. I've attached an example, with which I can reproduce the problem starting with -Q as described above. Do you see the problem with this mail? Steve Berman