On Sat, Oct 09 2010, Michael Welsh Duggan wrote: > After re-reading that section, I think you are mistaken. UIDVALIDITY is > guaranteed not to change as long as the messages in the mailbox have not > changed their UIDs (or rather, as long as the mailbox maintains its > identity). It does not change with the addition, or deletion, of > messages to that mailbox. On the other hand, the UIDNEXT does change > with the addition of new messages to the mailbox. It will not, however, > change with the deletion of messages. The triple of mailbox name, > UIDVALIDITY, and message UID will always refer to the same message no > matter what, as long as that message still exists. Yeah, re-re-reading I think you're right indeed.. UIDVALIDITY is not the thing I wanted it to be. That sucks. -- Julien Danjou // ᐰ http://julien.danjou.info