Xavier Maillard writes: > Reiner Steib writes: > >> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Subscription Methods") ] >> | What Gnus does when it encounters a new group is determined by the >> | `gnus-subscribe-newsgroup-method' variable. >> `---- >> >> "when it encounters a new group" is not the case in your situation. >> This variable is relevant only if a new newsgroup is created on the >> server. > > Can't this behaviour be changed for any group (new or existing > but never subscribed) ? What is the workaround ? Currently, I did > not subcribe to any nnimap groups (I have 4 dozens of them > pending) since I do not want to manually fill them under the > right topic. I've modified my copy of Gnus to use gnus-subscribe-newsgroup-method when subscribing from a Browse Server buffer a long time ago. I didn't propose to include this patch though because the default value of g-s-n-m is rather inappropriate for explicitly subscribing groups. Attached is a version that introduces a gnus-browse-subscribe-newsgroup-method variable instead. OK to commit to No Gnus? I vaguely remeber some discussion about a feature freeze (Reiner?). >>> P.S: please keep me in the Cc as I am not subscribed to this list yet. >> >> Hint: Gnus honors Mail-Followup-To. :-) > > Done (hope it is correct). The comma looks like a typo to me. You can avoid this by letting Message Mode generate the header. C-c C-f C-a runs the command message-generate-unsubscribed-mail-followup-to. regards, andreas