* Re: Write-only IMAP mailboxes not shown
       [not found] <87iqvur3bg.fsf@nokile.rath.org>
@ 2008-06-28  9:13 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-06-28  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: bugs, Nikolaus Rath

On Fri, Jun 27 2008, Nikolaus Rath wrote on gnus-bug:

> On my IMAP server I have a group called "unrecognized-ham" that cannot
> be read by anyone, but can be looked up and inserted to by anyone. As
> the name suggests, mail in this folder is automatically analyzed to
> correct mistakes made by a bayesian spam classifier.
>
> Unfortunately it is not possible to access this group with gnus. When
> I am in a different IMAP mailbox and try to copy a message with B c,
> gnus complains that the group does not exist. Any attempt to create it
> fails of course. Also I cannot see the group when using group apropos
> and I cannot subscribe to it with U.
>
> In Thunderbird, there is no problem at all. The group is visible and I
> can copy messages into it.
>
> The IMAP server is cyrus 2.2. The group has an acl with:
>
> ebox:~# cyradm localhost
> IMAP Password:
> ebox.rath.org> lam unrecognized-ham
> sa-learn lrswid
> anyone li
> ebox.rath.org>
>
> If you need more debug information, I'll be happy to provide it.

I'm not an expert on IMAP, but maybe for someone else the debug output
is useful:

Set `imap-log' und `imap-debug' (*), reproduce the problem and send
the output from the debug buffers to ding@gnus.org.

(*) See the doc strings `C-h v imap-log RET' and `C-h v imap-debug
    RET'.  Be sure to eliminate passwords.

> My gnus version is
>  - Gnus v5.11
>  - GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
>    of 2008-05-03 on terranova, modified by Ubuntu

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Write-only IMAP mailboxes not shown
@ 2008-07-04 18:44   ` Nikolaus Rath
From: Nikolaus Rath @ 2008-07-04 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I just wanted to ping this issue again. Is no one able to reproduce
this, or is there simply nobody with enough spare time at the moment
to take a look at this?

Best,
Nikolaus

> On Fri, Jun 27 2008, Nikolaus Rath wrote on gnus-bug:
>
>> On my IMAP server I have a group called "unrecognized-ham" that cannot
>> be read by anyone, but can be looked up and inserted to by anyone. As
>> the name suggests, mail in this folder is automatically analyzed to
>> correct mistakes made by a bayesian spam classifier.
>>
>> Unfortunately it is not possible to access this group with gnus. When
>> I am in a different IMAP mailbox and try to copy a message with B c,
>> gnus complains that the group does not exist. Any attempt to create it
>> fails of course. Also I cannot see the group when using group apropos
>> and I cannot subscribe to it with U.
>>
>> In Thunderbird, there is no problem at all. The group is visible and I
>> can copy messages into it.
>>
>> The IMAP server is cyrus 2.2. The group has an acl with:
>>
>> ebox:~# cyradm localhost
>> IMAP Password:
>> ebox.rath.org> lam unrecognized-ham
>> sa-learn lrswid
>> anyone li
>> ebox.rath.org>
>>
>> If you need more debug information, I'll be happy to provide it.
>
> I'm not an expert on IMAP, but maybe for someone else the debug output
> is useful:
>
> Set `imap-log' und `imap-debug' (*), reproduce the problem and send
> the output from the debug buffers to ding@gnus.org.
>
> (*) See the doc strings `C-h v imap-log RET' and `C-h v imap-debug
>     RET'.  Be sure to eliminate passwords.
>
>> My gnus version is
>>  - Gnus v5.11
>>  - GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
>>    of 2008-05-03 on terranova, modified by Ubuntu
>
> Bye, Reiner.
> --
>        ,,,
>       (o o)
> ---ooO-(_)-Ooo---  |  PGP key available  |  http://rsteib.home.pages.de/

   -Nikolaus

--
 »It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
  By definition, there are already enough people to do that.«