Max Froumentin writes: > I've been working on a patch, which I'll submit once I'll have tested > it a bit more. Basically it adds "multipart/signed" to > gnus-buttonized-mime-types inside gnus-mime-display-security, since > within that function it appears that verification has always been performed. OK, the attached patch seems to work. Basically, it resets the definition of gnus-buttonized-mime-types to nil, and in gnus-mime-display-security, it wraps the body within a redefinition of the variable: (let ((gnus-buttonized-mime-types (if (or (eq mm-verify-option 'always) (eq mm-verify-option 'known)) (append '("multipart/signed") gnus-buttonized-mime-types) gnus-buttonized-mime-types))) Max.