Jochen Küpper writes: > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:33:44 -0400 Chris Shenton wrote: > > Chris> Jorge Godoy writes: > >>> The problem is not with the splitting. It is with some kind of update >>> Gnus is doing for every folder... The splitting is fast and works >>> perfectly now. > > Chris> Some times it seems to update but not always. When it does, > Chris> it's intolerably slow, like half an hour or more. > > I remember having similar problems (quite a while ago). At the time I > always had a second (identical) nnimap entry in the server buffer. > > It might be related to the way you specify gnus-message-archive-group, > i.e. now I include "nnimap+FHI:" in the names given. > On the other hand it might be the agent. One thing that might help is > to delete the entire agent store. > > Sorry I am so vague. I never really figured what caused the problem > and don't remember exactly how I solved it. > I had a similar problem, maybe the same problem, and it was related to agent. I think, when I looked in the server buffer, that I had an nnimap server entry with (agent) after it, even though I hadn't been using agent for some time. I believe that deleting this server entry is what solved my problem. Now entering and exiting groups and deleting messages is plenty fast. -johnsu01