* new mail all split in nndiary
@ 2001-09-24  3:27 Colin Walters
From: Colin Walters @ 2001-09-24  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today I went to check my new mail, and for some reason all of it ended
up in my nndiary group.  I was able to process-mark it all (M P a),
then respooling (B r) seemed to work.

Fortunately (well, sort of), this wasn't reproducible.  I restarted
Gnus and Emacs, and all seemed well.

Does anyone know of any recent changes that might have caused this?
I'm running CVS as of early yesterday evening.

* Re: new mail all split in nndiary
@ 2001-09-24 10:12 ` Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 2001-09-24 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> wrote:

> Today I went to check my new mail, and for some reason all of it ended
> up in my nndiary group.  I was able to process-mark it all (M P a),
> then respooling (B r) seemed to work.
>
> Fortunately (well, sort of), this wasn't reproducible.  I restarted
> Gnus and Emacs, and all seemed well.
>
> Does anyone know of any recent changes that might have caused this?
> I'm running CVS as of early yesterday evening.

        The only important thing that changed in CVS is that the variable
nndiary-get-new-mail has been turned to nil by default. The only thing I can
think of is that you have it set to t, and you have a broken procmail rule or
so, that splited all your mail in the nndiary-mail-sources folder.

--
Didier Verna, didier@lrde.epita.fr, http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier

EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire   Tel.+33 (1) 53 14 59 47
94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France   Fax.+33 (1) 44 08 01 99   didier@xemacs.org

* Re: new mail all split in nndiary
@ 2001-09-24 22:20   ` Colin Walters
From: Colin Walters @ 2001-09-24 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Didier Verna <didier@lrde.epita.fr> writes:

>         The only important thing that changed in CVS is that the
> variable nndiary-get-new-mail has been turned to nil by default. The
> only thing I can think of is that you have it set to t, and you have
> a broken procmail rule or so, that splited all your mail in the
> nndiary-mail-sources folder.

I do have `nndiary-get-new-mail' set to t.  But I haven't touched my
~/.procmailrc in quite a while, so I don't think there was a problem
with it.

Oh, well.  I guess we can just call this one a heisenbug.