* X-Face insertion
@ 1999-10-15 19:40 Jerry James
From: Jerry James @ 1999-10-15 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

A response to a bug report of mine some time ago indicated that the bug
was fixed in pGnus, and suggested that I give it a try.  So I've been
giving it a try for the last few weeks.  All has been well so far, with
one exception.

My old .gnus.el had this for inserting an X-Face header into outgoing
news articles and mail messages, lifted directly from a sample .gnus.el
on gnus.org:

(defun xface-insert ()
  (nnheader-temp-write nil
    (insert-file-contents "~/.xface")
    (buffer-string)))

I then added (X-Face . xface-insert) to message-required-news-headers
and message-required-mail-headers.  However, as the Changelog shows,
nnheader-temp-write has been gone since pGnus 0.4.  What is The Right
Way of doing this now?

There is no mention of the subject in the info files, only information
on viewing other people's X-Faces.  Furthermore, searching the ding
archives with the glimpse search engine proved fruitless.  I searched
for nnheader\-temp\-write, and got 0 results.  I thought that maybe the
web interface was escaping special characters (although that would be
bad), so I tried nnheader-temp-write, and got 0 results.  I even tried
nnheader;temp;write in desperation, and got 0 results.  Something is
wrong here, because the pGnus 0.4 announcement in August of 1998
definitely contains the target string.  And no matter how far I restrict
the search for x\-face, even down to individual months, the search
always times out without returning any results.

Thanks for any help.
--
Jerry James