* A (very short) independent opinion of Gnus MIME
@ 1999-07-05 18:20 François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 1999-07-05 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, people.  This one made me smile, and I decided to share it with you all.

A mailing list recently rejected One of my messages because it was
multipart/mixed.  The list maintainer asked me to use only plain text when
I use the list.  I replied (among other things):

> I perceive your criteria as pretty severe, as my message was only plain
> text.  Using MIME headers does not necessarily spoil a message to the
> extent of a reject.

The nice thing is the reply from the list maintainer:

> The problem is that my current software isn't smart enough to tell
> modestly messy MIME like yours from really awful mime like HTML and base64.

I much like this "modestly messy" to quality Gnus MIME works.  Maybe Lars
could start use it as a kind of trademark in Gnus descriptions? :-)