* p0.88 possible charset bug
@ 1999-06-17 14:56 Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1999-06-17 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On the xemacs-beta list, steve@xemacs.org posts a note whose headers
include...

The bulk of his message contains only 7-bit characters, but his
signature contains...

        ^[$BAkHV9f$rF~NO$7$F$/$@$5$$^[(B

Presumably, given Content-Type charset ISO-2022-JP, this signature
sequence should have been rendered in that charset, but it was not --
just the raw crud is displayed.  However, I note that the X-Mailer
contains a legitimate charset sub-encoding, which is properly rendered
when headers are `t'oggled.

Is this an error on p0.88's part, or does the signature not need
charset treatment?

(I know quite a few folks on the ding list are also on xemacs-beta;
Message-Id is above, so you might take a look yourselves.)