* gnus-treat-from-gravatar hang
@ 2016-03-06  1:33 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2016-03-06  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi all,

I found that gnus would hang every time I tried to read a certain
message from my local dovecot server.  I eventually realized that it was
trying to get a gravatar and my internet connection had dropped
(backtrace: https://gist.github.com/dabrahams/70eda68750952587342a).  I
wonder if we need some kind of timeout in that system to prevent this?

--
-Dave

* Re: gnus-treat-from-gravatar hang
@ 2016-03-07 13:39 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2016-03-07 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sat, 05 Mar 2016 17:33:37 -0800 Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> wrote:

DA> I found that gnus would hang every time I tried to read a certain
DA> message from my local dovecot server.  I eventually realized that it was
DA> trying to get a gravatar and my internet connection had dropped
DA> (backtrace: https://gist.github.com/dabrahams/70eda68750952587342a).  I
DA> wonder if we need some kind of timeout in that system to prevent this?

Or maybe a local cache for gravatars specifically? They don't change
often and are not essential in any way.

Ted