* ~/News/rss/nnrss.el also a black hole for old nnrss groups
@ 2009-09-15 18:42 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2009-09-15 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gentlemen, in ~/News/rss/nnrss.el observe
nnrss-group-alist and nnrss-server-data.

If a group gets removed from nnrss-server-data (presumably via C-k,
gnus-group-kill-group), it will still remain forever there in
nnrss-group-alist, and also in the ~/News filesystem. There is no
facility to remove it, short of going in by hand.

* Re: ~/News/rss/nnrss.el also a black hole for old nnrss groups
@ 2009-09-25 21:09 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-09-25 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 02:42:14 +0800 jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:

j> Gentlemen, in ~/News/rss/nnrss.el observe
j> nnrss-group-alist and nnrss-server-data.

j> If a group gets removed from nnrss-server-data (presumably via C-k,
j> gnus-group-kill-group), it will still remain forever there in
j> nnrss-group-alist, and also in the ~/News filesystem. There is no
j> facility to remove it, short of going in by hand.

Yup.  Are you suggesting a feature?  What should Gnus do?

Ted

* Re: ~/News/rss/nnrss.el also a black hole for old nnrss groups
@ 2016-02-22 21:24   ` Stefan Huchler
From: Stefan Huchler @ 2016-02-22 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I suggest such feature :)

had several times problems with that behaviour, why not make a
gnus-group-list-forgotten-rss-groups that lists this groups, and then
you can use the delete function on it and hopefully scrups it away for
good.

It especialy makes problems with the nnrss-generate-download-script
method, cause ist adds them there which makes noch sense after you
deleted them.

* Re: ~/News/rss/nnrss.el also a black hole for old nnrss groups
@ 2016-02-22 22:08 ` Stefan Huchler
From: Stefan Huchler @ 2016-02-22 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Gentlemen, in ~/News/rss/nnrss.el observe
> nnrss-group-alist and nnrss-server-data.
>
> If a group gets removed from nnrss-server-data (presumably via C-k,
> gnus-group-kill-group), it will still remain forever there in
> nnrss-group-alist, and also in the ~/News filesystem. There is no
> facility to remove it, short of going in by hand.

then give a complete list how you do that, cause I tried to do it
several times, searched with grep in directory even deleted backup
files, I never got it from both lists.

in the end I had it gone from one of this lists, but not the other, so
the generate script function crashed in the middle of its work.

The way I "fixed" it was to write the same group ack in nnrss.el with
some fake data, so it has again something to work with. It never gone
away from the server-data variable just remove it from nnrss.el does not
help here also deleting the .el and .xml file is not enough.

I suspect it must be compiled in to some binary data, I removed it from
every file I found it in my home still not enough.