Hello again, Contrary to what I reported about hacking .newsrc.eld to fix this, further attempts to do so have failed. Depending on how I hack things, I get variously errors about missing directories, or groups with no mail, etc. I even tried moving my ~/Mail directory out of the way and “restarting” to see if I could get an example of what a clean setup would look like. That wasn't fruitful. I also tried making some other method (nndiary) my primary select method so that the nnml: prefix would be expected. Also not fruitful. I've now got a whole bunch of useless *, 0: nnml:group-name groups *and* 2, 234: group-name groups. Which is kind of annoying. I'm happy to have nnml: if that's what makes nnir happy. And I would like to get nnir working with notmuch since that seemed to do a quite nice job for the actual searching. Norman Walsh writes: > This message is a kind of carry on to my message about searching. I wanted > to try notmuch. Historically I use gnus just for email (all nnml). So my > gnus-select-method is: > > (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml "")) > > Well, I also have: > > (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods > '((nndiary ""))) > > but I haven't actually used nndairy in a while. My group display is: > > 0, 229: acmecorp > 0, 7: acmecorp.engineering > 38, 194: acmecorp.discuss > > etc. > > The setup instructions for nnir, suggested doing this: > > (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml "" > (nnir-search-engine notmuch) > )) > > When I restart gnus, I get all of my existing groups, but I also get these > > 2342, 0: nnml:acmecorp > 222, 0: nnml:acmecorp.engineering > 3332, 0: nnml:acmecorp.discuss > > I don't actually care about the nnml: prefix, but I'd like to have a > single list and I'd like not to loose all my existing marks. > > Anyone have any idea why my change had the effect that it did? Or how > to get it fixed? > > Be seeing you, > norm > > -- > Norman Walsh | At least two-thirds of our miseries > http://nwalsh.com/ | spring from human stupidity, human > | malice and those great motivators and > | justifiers of malice and stupidity: > | idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing > | zeal on behalf of religous or political > | ideas.--Aldous Huxley Be seeing you, norm -- Norman Walsh | My life has a superb cast but I can’t http://nwalsh.com/ | figure out the plot.--Ashleigh Brilliant