Sivaram Neelakantan writes: > On Wed, May 21 2014,Sharon Kimble wrote: > >> I'm using gmane for my newsgroup reading but would like to read >> "comp.text.tex" which isn't on their servers. Can anyone suggest >> other nntp servers that will carry it and can be read in gnus >> please? >> >> I've found it on google groups at >> https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/comp.text.tex but >> would prefer to read it in gnus. >> >> Thanks >> Sharon. > > news.eternal-september.org carries it and it's free. > > sivaram > -- Thanks sivaram for this, I signed up to "eternal-september.org", strange name! I did try "nntp.aioe.org" as suggested by Ivan but they didn't carry as many messages in "comp.text.tex" as eternal-september.org and as I wanted guidance on implementing various ideas in latex, I went for eternal-september with more messages. Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.91.1