From: Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Broken encoding in HTML parts with shr
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 15:32:50 +0100	[thread overview]

>> since shr is available, I switched my habit of preferring the plain
>> text part if there is a HTML alternative.  Unfortunately, the
>> encoding is broken in the HTML part.
>>
>> For example, in the HTML part of some mail I have:
>>
>>   Viele Gr|_e
>
> I'm not sure I understand.  If the encoding is broken in the HTML
> part, there's nothing Gnus can do about that.

No, you got me wrong.  Both parts are declared correctly:

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CBACC1.4925F100

with "Viele Gr=FC=DFe", and

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01CBACC1.4925F100

also with "Viele Gr=FC=DFe".

So the encoding is identical, but Gnus displays the mail differently.
And it's not only that mail, but it applies to any HTML mail with
non-ASCII contents.

I'll forward that mail to you privately.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Sent from my Emacs