From: Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org>
Subject: Crashing Emacs and unsaved nnfolders
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 11:36:03 -0500	[thread overview]

> When Emacs crashes

Similar problem.  I use nnmail-expiry-target to send some things to
nnfolder groups for archival.  Those files are appended to in memory
and saved when gnus quits.  They are not saved when I hit "s" in
*Group*.  (Problem 1.)

If Emacs should crash before I quit Gnus, Gnus uses the last-saved
version of the file, and loses anything which had been modified in the
autosave.

Given Gnus' ability to handle other unsaved files (like newsrc) it
would be nice if it would handle these, but it would also be nice if
it would save them when I hit s.

Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it.