* K v with arguments offering to save instead of view
@ 2019-12-19  6:16 Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2019-12-19  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I am observing this since many months now. Earlier when I used to press
"K v" with arguments it used to open attachment using doc-view. But now
it just offers me to save, as if "K o" is pressed.

What could be wrong with my configuration?

* Re: K v with arguments offering to save instead of view
@ 2019-12-19 22:42 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-12-19 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Pankaj Jangid <p4j@j4d.net> writes:

> I am observing this since many months now. Earlier when I used to press
> "K v" with arguments it used to open attachment using doc-view. But now
> it just offers me to save, as if "K o" is pressed.
>
> What could be wrong with my configuration?

What's your value for `mailcap-mime-data'? I've had similar problems in
the past, and as I recall the culprit was setting that option to a very
severe value.

* Re: K v with arguments offering to save instead of view
@ 2019-12-20  7:56   ` Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2019-12-20  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: ding

>> I am observing this since many months now. Earlier when I used to press
>> "K v" with arguments it used to open attachment using doc-view. But now
>> it just offers me to save, as if "K o" is pressed.
>>
>> What could be wrong with my configuration?
>
> What's your value for `mailcap-mime-data'? I've had similar problems in
> the past, and as I recall the culprit was setting that option to a very
> severe value.

Its value is nil. But I don't recall setting this value up earlier as
well. The only difference is that earlier I was using Emacs26.3 and now
on Emacs master. I build it daily.

Regards,
--
Pankaj Jangid

* Re: K v with arguments offering to save instead of view
@ 2019-12-20 19:27     ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-12-20 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Pankaj Jangid <p4j@j4d.net> writes:

>>> I am observing this since many months now. Earlier when I used to press
>>> "K v" with arguments it used to open attachment using doc-view. But now
>>> it just offers me to save, as if "K o" is pressed.
>>>
>>> What could be wrong with my configuration?
>>
>> What's your value for `mailcap-mime-data'? I've had similar problems in
>> the past, and as I recall the culprit was setting that option to a very
>> severe value.
>
> Its value is nil. But I don't recall setting this value up earlier as
> well. The only difference is that earlier I was using Emacs26.3 and now
> on Emacs master. I build it daily.

I'm afraid I'm out of theories, then -- the mailcap/mime stuff is code I
stay away from. But I've definitely experienced this before --
you have my sympathy if nothing else...

* Re: K v with arguments offering to save instead of view
@ 2019-12-21  8:47     ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2019-12-21  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pankaj Jangid; +Cc: Eric Abrahamsen, ding

On Dez 20 2019, Pankaj Jangid wrote:

>>> I am observing this since many months now. Earlier when I used to press
>>> "K v" with arguments it used to open attachment using doc-view. But now
>>> it just offers me to save, as if "K o" is pressed.
>>>
>>> What could be wrong with my configuration?
>>
>> What's your value for `mailcap-mime-data'? I've had similar problems in
>> the past, and as I recall the culprit was setting that option to a very
>> severe value.
>
> Its value is nil.

That's your problem.

> But I don't recall setting this value up earlier as well.

It is set up automatically, see mailcap-parse-mailcaps.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org