From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: more little nnselect things...
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 15:38:38 +0800	[thread overview]

I know this is planned, but it would be nice if permanent nnselect
groups were activated at startup. Whether or not they're actually
scanned at startup I don't mind (or if they are set by default to a
higher subscription level, etc), but it would be great just not to have
the little asterisk where the unread count is, which always screams to
me "your Gnus is broken!"

Also: the `gnus-group-line-format' can't be set per-server or per-group,
can it? I'd really like to have nnselect groups show the total message
count, not the unread count. Nine times out of ten I use these groups
for quick reference/access, meaning the messages are pretty much always
read. Total message count would be more useful, but if this variable can
only have one global value...

One other related idea: displaying select groups as nnselect:<foo> isn't
all that helpful -- or at least, it could be more helpful. What about
having an optional nnselect-label group parameter, which would be used
as an alternate in the group format line, if present? Search groups
could be labeled "search:<foo>", I'd use "gnorb:<foo>" for Gnorb groups,
etc.

Just some ideas. It's really nice seeing this come together.