* Re: Trouble for setting up mail splitting
       [not found] <C41F1453-633F-43FD-BC59-5F919DD72470@gmail.com>
@ 2016-02-25 18:06 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-02-25 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Thursday, 25 Feb 2016 at 16:05, Satak Azat' wrote:
> Hi,

> I've moved to gnus recently and I wanted to make automatic mail
> spliting, and I managed to set up a functioning config for spliting
> with From. But I'm having trouble when it comes to split with Subject:
> no matter what I put in it, it want to put the mail in bogus.

> And also, gnus doesn't sort the message, he know where they must go
> but doesn't move them.

I use fancy splitting:

For the secondary select method, I have defined this server:

(nnimap "xxx"
 (nnimap-address "xxx")
 (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
 (nnimap-split-methods nnmail-split-fancy)
 (nnimap-stream ssl))

and then I have the following (elided for illustration):

(setq nnmail-split-fancy
 '(| (from ".*sciencedirect.com" "contents")
     (to ".*clojure@googlegroups.com" "lists.clojure")
     ;; all the rest
     "general"))

Note the specification of what split method to use in the server
definition.  There is a whole info section in the gnus manual on how to
set up fancy splitting.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 25.0.91.1 + Ma Gnus v0.16 + evil-git-ff74cfb

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-02-25 18:06 UTC | newest]