* should we be able to edit imap messages?
@ 2014-05-03  6:38 Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-05-03  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm using dovecot to create a local offline imap setup. I've heard that
imap messages are supposed to be "immutable", but I'm not really sure
what that means in this case.

I'm fooling around with editing messages to add custom headers, only for
local use. I can edit my messages and add the headers, and save the
message again, but I'm not sure what happens when I sync dovecot with
the remote servers. Will this create a new message with a new
Message-ID? If so, I won't bother doing it. But I'm not quite sure how
"immutable" is supposed to play out in this case...

Thanks,
Eric