* gpgsm: smime, various secret keys, mml2015-sign-with-sender for smime
@ 2013-01-05 14:28 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2013-01-05 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

I started to use smime, via xemacs, gnus, epg and gpgsm. [1]

I have 3 accounts, one for work two private ones. I obtained free
certificates  from www.comodo.com.

Now gpgsm chooses the secret key for signing,  either as

    -  the first which is listed by gpsm -list-secret-keys

    -  a default one, which can be configured in gpsm.conf

    -  the one specified by the senders address via the command.

gpgsm -su oub.oub.oub@gmail.com --armor < test > ciphertext4

However it seems not to be possible to configure gpgsm (via the
gpgsm.con file) such that it chooses the relevant secret keys according
to the email address of the sender.

 (user-mail-address)

And that is why it should be implemented in lisp. Daiko Ueno, the author
of epg, also referred to the mml2015-sign-with-sender function, but this
function is, as I understand it correctly, only for gpg.

So can such a function be implemented for smime please?[2]

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

Footnotes:
[1]  I used gpg, but most of the people I correspondence considered it
     as to user unfriendly.

[2]  like

(defvar gpgsm-signing-command "/usr/bin/gpgsm -su %s --armor < %s > %s")

   (let ((secret-key-id user-mail-address)
   		  (cleartext some-mail-text)
          (cipertext (make-temp-file (expand-file-name "cipertext" temporary-file-directory) nil ".asc")))
                 	  (shell-command
                      	   (format gpgsm-signing-command
                           		   secret-key-id
                                   cleartext
                                   cipertext)))

* Re: gpgsm: smime, various secret keys, mml2015-sign-with-sender for smime
@ 2013-01-07  4:06 ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2013-01-07  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> And that is why it should be implemented in lisp. Daiko Ueno, the author
> of epg, also referred to the mml2015-sign-with-sender function, but this
> function is, as I understand it correctly, only for gpg.

I've added mml-smime-sign-with-sender:
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/revision/111432?start_revid=111432

Could you test if it works?  I don't have multiple S/MIME keys.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: gpgsm: smime, various secret keys, mml2015-sign-with-sender for smime
@ 2013-01-07 19:57   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2013-01-07 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> "Daiki" == Daiki Ueno <ueno@gnu.org> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

   > I've added mml-smime-sign-with-sender:
   > http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/revision/111432?start_revid=111432

Thanks very much.
   > Could you test if it works?  I don't have multiple S/MIME
   > keys.

Well I only can find the diff. I tried to apply that to the git
version

I recently downloaded but without success. I think the easiest
solution

would be direct link to the new mml-smime.el

I had a simple kludge so far
(add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'my-simple-smime-select-signers)

(defun my-simple-smime-select-signers ()
  (interactive)
  (setq mml-smime-signers nil)
  (setq mml-smime-signers (list user-mail-address )))

But I prefer a clean solution.

I think I have implemented

mml-sime-encrypt-to-self, but before sending a patch I would need to
know which is the correct, new mml-smime file

regards

Uwe

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: gpgsm: smime, various secret keys, mml2015-sign-with-sender for smime
@ 2013-01-07 22:01     ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2013-01-07 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> I recently downloaded but without success. I think the easiest
> solution would be direct link to the new mml-smime.el

Go to:
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/annotate/111432/lisp/gnus/mml-smime.el
and click "download file".

> I think I have implemented mml-sime-encrypt-to-self, but before
> sending a patch I would need to know which is the correct, new
> mml-smime file

Cool.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: gpgsm: smime, various secret keys, mml2015-sign-with-sender for smime
@ 2013-01-07 22:16       ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2013-01-07 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daiki Ueno; +Cc: Uwe Brauer, ding