On Thu, Aug 30 2012, Tassilo Horn wrote: > I wanted to try it out and added `gnus-notifications' to the relevant > hook. Now, after getting new mail, I'm queried for username/password > for some google site. I didn't remember the exact URL and it's not in > *Messages*. I tried with my google user account name tsdh80 + the > corresponding password but was queried again. Then I tried with my > complete gmail email address as username and the same password, but > still I was queried again. So I've quit using C-g. > > Strangely, now when I hit `g` again, it asks for my gnome keyring > password once, and then it shows the notifications as it should. That's goole-contacts trying to get OAuth access. And it did get it finally, so it stored the token in a GPG encrypted file (that's why gnome-keyring's asking your password). > So it seems to work, but for what was the first query loop good for > then? OAuth authentification, but the fact that it looped is strange. Note that's nothing specific about gnus-notifications, more likely a problem with google-contacts or oauth2. -- Julien Danjou /* Free Software hacker & freelance http://julien.danjou.info */