* problem reading gwene feeds in gnus agent
@ 2011-05-03 16:43 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2011-05-03 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I use the gwene.org server to read some rss feeds.  Recently, when I try
to read messages, I get the following error:

,----
| open-network-stream: feeds.wordpress.com/80 Name or service not known
`----

and the message is shown but with full headers.  Hitting t shows the
headers of the message as they are normally shown.  However, depending
on the actual message contents, I may see the message or I may not.  For
instance, for a recent blog posting from Lars, the error is:

,----
| open-network-stream: 2.bp.blogspot.com/80 Name or service not known |
`----

and the header and first few lines of the message (as displayed with
"C-u g") that cause this problem are

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <post@gwene.org>
Newsgroups: gwene.no.ingebrigtsen.lars
Subject: Emacs Can Haz =?utf-8?q?Brainz=3f?=
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 01:50:36 +0200
Archived-at: <http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2011/04/emacs-can-haz-brainz.html>

href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y4L14fKtcHw/TajZqbXAXII/AAAAAAAAADk/_J7Cuh7tSOg/s1600/IMG_1081.JPG"
imageanchor="1" style="clear: right

Note the "href" entry...

By recently, I mean that I noticed this today, having updated gnus
yesterday evening from the repository.  I have updated again a few
minutes ago but the problem remains.  I am reading these types of
messages with gnus-unplugged with the gnus agent.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the recent discussion about
problems with DNS et al.?

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1 + No Gnus v0.18