On Wed, Apr 06 2011, Ted Zlatanov wrote: > Here's my attempt. This works for ELisp code but not for others (the > `cond' needs to be extended obviously). Am I on the right track? Is > there a map of mode to "short name" that the highlight code uses? Or > can it just take the `major-mode' as string in addition to the "short > name", since it uses that for fontification anyhow? You do not need a cond. Simply put the current major mode symbol's name without the -mode, e.g. lisp-interaction-mode -> lisp-interaction. -- Julien Danjou ❱ http://julien.danjou.info