* Gnus Groups customize
@ 2011-03-19  8:52 Erik Colson
From: Erik Colson @ 2011-03-19  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ehlo,

These are some of the groups I have now:
         1: nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.orgmode (m) (level 3)
*        0:*nnimap+ecocode:list/Gnus-ding  (level 2)

When moving mails around IMAP boxes (with B m in summary buffer) I have
to tell gnus "nnimap+ecocode:...". I would prefer to have only
"ecocode:..." to identify the group, as I now this is still unique. As I
do have multiple nnimap accounts, I still need the "ecocode:" part.

How can I customize this ?

Best

--
erik colson
ecocode.net

* Re: Gnus Groups customize
@ 2011-03-19  9:03 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2011-03-19  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Colson; +Cc: ding

Erik Colson <eco@ecocode.net> writes:

> These are some of the groups I have now:
>          1: nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.orgmode (m) (level 3)
> *        0:*nnimap+ecocode:list/Gnus-ding  (level 2)
>
> When moving mails around IMAP boxes (with B m in summary buffer) I have
> to tell gnus "nnimap+ecocode:...". I would prefer to have only
> "ecocode:..." to identify the group, as I now this is still unique. As I
> do have multiple nnimap accounts, I still need the "ecocode:" part.
>
> How can I customize this ?

Have you tried utilizing partial completion?  Eg., you can probably
start with typing ":l/G" and complete from there.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: Gnus Groups customize
@ 2011-03-19  9:31   ` Erik Colson
From: Erik Colson @ 2011-03-19  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Schwab; +Cc: ding

Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:

> Have you tried utilizing partial completion?  Eg., you can probably
> start with typing ":l/G" and complete from there.

Thanks. That does the job. How about removing 'nnimap+' from every group
in the Groups list ?

Best
--
erik colson
ecocode.net

* Re: Gnus Groups customize
@ 2011-03-19  9:40     ` Antoine Levitt
From: Antoine Levitt @ 2011-03-19  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

19/03/11 10:31, Erik Colson
> Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:
>
>> Have you tried utilizing partial completion?  Eg., you can probably
>> start with typing ":l/G" and complete from there.
>
> Thanks. That does the job. How about removing 'nnimap+' from every group
> in the Groups list ?
>
> Best

You can do this in gnus-group-line-format:

%G    Group name (string)
%g    Qualified group name (string)

though it will remove the ecocode part. You can probably do something
with %u though.