* Dependency problem with auth-source and eieio
@ 2011-02-20 14:20 Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-02-20 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

When trying to access the docstring of auth-source-backend with "C-h v
auth-source-backend", I get the following error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function cedet-called-interactively-p)
  cedet-called-interactively-p()
  eieio-describe-class(auth-source-backend)
  describe-variable(auth-source-backend)
  call-interactively(describe-variable nil nil)

It seems that eieio has a missing cedet-compat require here. I raise
this issue on the Gnus list, because eieio (without cedet) is now being
included in the Gnus source tree.

Note: I certainly hope we don't have to add a new dependency here, as it
would be a shame if we had to require cedet to compile/run Gnus. The
current eieio dependency/hack seems extreme enough as it is. :)

Best,
Matt