* don't display nested quotations in summary buffer
@ 2010-05-15 18:13 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2010-05-15 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello

Is it possible in the summary buffer to toggle on and off
nested comments something like

,----

`----

,----
| > I think this should be implemented like bla bla
|
| I think this is ok.
`----

I searched the documentation but I did not find anything
about it.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: don't display nested quotations in summary buffer
@ 2010-05-15 19:40 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2010-05-15 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Uwe Brauer; +Cc: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Is it possible in the summary buffer to toggle on and off
> nested comments something like

gnus-article-hide-citation is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`gnus-cite.el'.

It is bound to W W c, <menu-bar> <Article> <Hide> <Citation>.

(gnus-article-hide-citation &optional ARG FORCE)

Toggle hiding of all cited text except attribution lines.
See the documentation for `gnus-article-highlight-citation'.
If given a negative prefix, always show; if given a positive prefix,
always hide.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org

* Re: don't display nested quotations in summary buffer
@ 2010-05-17 11:12   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2010-05-17 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
   >> Is it possible in the summary buffer to toggle on and off
   >> nested comments something like

   > gnus-article-hide-citation is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
   > `gnus-cite.el'.

   > It is bound to W W c, <menu-bar> <Article> <Hide> <Citation>.

   > (gnus-article-hide-citation &optional ARG FORCE)
thanks very much.

When I reply to a message however it seems that I can't hide
nested quotation, other than use selective display of
course.

Uwe

* Re: don't display nested quotations in summary buffer
@ 2010-05-17 11:23     ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-05-17 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Monday 17 May 2010 13:12:34 Uwe Brauer wrote:

Hi Uwe,

> When I reply to a message however it seems that I can't hide nested
> quotation, other than use selective display of course.

That's intended, because when replying you will always want to snip the
parts which are not relevant to your reply, right? ;-)

Bye,
Tassilo