* How to reply to posts?
@ 2008-05-27 18:15 Seweryn Kokot
From: Seweryn Kokot @ 2008-05-27 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm subscribed to many mailing lists by gmane. So far I have been replying to
posts with 'F' (follow-up), but on some group someone asked me to reply to
him directly and send cc to mailing list. I've done S W or S V and my
message didn't show up on that mailing list. It seems that people using
mailinglists reply to senders and reply cc to lists.

Could someone explain to me what to type to send my reply to newsgroup
with gmane and cc to sender? Or is there a better way?

Thanks,
--
Seweryn Kokot

* Re: How to reply to posts?
@ 2008-05-27 20:52 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2008-05-27 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, May 27 2008, Seweryn Kokot wrote:

> Or is there a better way?

Never send the same question to two different list unless you don't
get any answer after several days.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: How to reply to posts?
@ 2008-05-28 17:22 ` reader
From: reader @ 2008-05-28 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: Seweryn Kokot

Seweryn Kokot <s.kokot@po.opole.pl> writes:

> I'm subscribed to many mailing lists by gmane. So far I have been replying to
> posts with 'F' (follow-up), but on some group someone asked me to reply to
> him directly and send cc to mailing list. I've done S W or S V and my
> message didn't show up on that mailing list. It seems that people using
> mailinglists reply to senders and reply cc to lists.
>
> Could someone explain to me what to type to send my reply to newsgroup
> with gmane and cc to sender? Or is there a better way?

I tried this on this post so I guess you will know if it works if you
also get a CC of it.

I did this:
  F <Followup>  (on the desired message in this gmane newsgroup)
  Once inside the followup window:

  pressed C-c C-f C-c
   `message-goto-cc'

  Which adds a new blank header to the message:
  `Cc:'

  Then inserted your email.

* Re: How to reply to posts?
@ 2008-05-28 17:55   ` Seweryn Kokot
From: Seweryn Kokot @ 2008-05-28 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding; +Cc: reader

reader@newsguy.com writes:

> I tried this on this post so I guess you will know if it works if you
> also get a CC of it.
>
> I did this:
>   F <Followup>  (on the desired message in this gmane newsgroup)
>   Once inside the followup window:
>
>   pressed C-c C-f C-c
>    `message-goto-cc'
>
>   Which adds a new blank header to the message:
>   `Cc:'
>
>   Then inserted your email.

Thanks, it works. A small inconvenience is the need to copy and yank
email address when it's not in bbdb, but I can live with that.

regards,
--
Seweryn Kokot