From: Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net>
Subject: Re: gmane, and follow up via news rather than mail.
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:37:12 +1100	[thread overview]

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Andrew A. Raines wrote:
> Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:
>
>> I have moved over to using gmane for my mailing lists, rather
>> than getting them myself, which is extremely nice in a number of
>> ways.
>
> Indeed.
>
>> `S N' works, but is a lot more cumbersome than the 'F' or 'R'
>> that I have grown used to for both mail and normal usenet news.
>
> What about F doesn't work?  I use it all the time.

Hrm.  How odd.  It worked here, replying by news, but in another gmane
group it wanted to reply by email.  That is ... odd.

Maybe something else caused it to pick up group parameters or something.

I thought it should work, which is why I was very surprised.  At least
now I know that it is something else causing the problem, and not that
`F' is doing the wrong thing...

Thanks,
        Daniel

--
To know anything well involves a profound sensation of ignorance.
        -- John Ruskin, _Modern Painters_