* `Wrong type argument' when using `V C' from nnml summary
@ 2001-02-10  0:18 Samuel Padgett
From: Samuel Padgett @ 2001-02-10  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I get the following error when typing `V C' from the summary buffer of
an nnml group:

Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

I am running Oort Gnus v0.01.  Here is the backtrace.

Signaling: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  file-readable-p(nil)
  gnus-score-load-score-alist(nil)
  gnus-score-load(nil)
  gnus-score-customize(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-score-customize)

Sam
--
I've worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.
                                                -- Groucho Marx

* Re: `Wrong type argument' when using `V C' from nnml summary
@ 2001-02-10  0:24 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-10  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel Padgett <res00ajf@gte.net> writes:

> I get the following error when typing `V C' from the summary buffer of
> an nnml group:
>
> Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> I am running Oort Gnus v0.01.  Here is the backtrace.
>
> Signaling: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>   file-readable-p(nil)
>   gnus-score-load-score-alist(nil)
>   gnus-score-load(nil)
>   gnus-score-customize(nil)
>   call-interactively(gnus-score-customize)

Did you setup the SCORE stuff? See info node Scoring.

ShengHuo

--
(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*" (signature (format "(setq gnus-posting-styles

* Re: `Wrong type argument' when using `V C' from nnml summary
@ 2001-02-10  0:39   ` Samuel Padgett
From: Samuel Padgett @ 2001-02-10  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Samuel Padgett <res00ajf@gte.net> writes:
>
> > I get the following error when typing `V C' from the summary buffer of
> > an nnml group:
> >
> > Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> Did you setup the SCORE stuff? See info node Scoring.

Actually, I purposely have scoring turned off for mail groups.  (I
didn't realize which summary buffer I was in when I tried the
command.)  I guess what I didn't like was the cryptic `Wrong type
argument' message.  Shouldn't Gnus come back with `Scoring not
enabled' or `No score file for group' or somesuch error?

Thanks!

Sam
--

@ 2001-02-10  1:01     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-02-10  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel Padgett <res00ajf@gte.net> writes:

> ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:
>
> > Samuel Padgett <res00ajf@gte.net> writes:
> >
> > > I get the following error when typing `V C' from the summary buffer of
> > > an nnml group:
> > >
> > > Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
> >
> > Did you setup the SCORE stuff? See info node Scoring.
>
> Actually, I purposely have scoring turned off for mail groups.  (I
> didn't realize which summary buffer I was in when I tried the
> command.)  I guess what I didn't like was the cryptic `Wrong type
> argument' message.  Shouldn't Gnus come back with `Scoring not
> enabled' or `No score file for group' or somesuch error?

You made the point. A fix has been checked in.

ShengHuo

--

@ 2001-02-10  5:26       ` Samuel Padgett
From: Samuel Padgett @ 2001-02-10  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> A fix has been checked in.

I appreciate the quick response, ShengHuo.  Thanks.

Sam
--
It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                                                        -- Mark Twain