* TODO emails and a special folder
@ 2022-06-26 12:47 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-26 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

I sometimes need to write important mails but don't have the time
actually. So I use registry labels to mark them and I usually start
these emails and send them to the draft folder, but the draft folder is
a more general folder, so I thought of having a special draft folder for
urgent/important emails. So point is message-dont-send save the message
in the regular folder. So it would be nice to have another function that
saves to the urgent/important draft folder

Does anybody now about such a functionality?

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.

* Re: TODO emails and a special folder
@ 2022-06-27  2:26 ` Eric Abrahamsen
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2022-06-27  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hi
>
> I sometimes need to write important mails but don't have the time
> actually. So I use registry labels to mark them and I usually start
> these emails and send them to the draft folder, but the draft folder is
> a more general folder, so I thought of having a special draft folder for
> urgent/important emails. So point is message-dont-send save the message
> in the regular folder. So it would be nice to have another function that
> saves to the urgent/important draft folder
>
> Does anybody now about such a functionality?

That would be nice, but right now Gnus is set up to only have one draft folder.

* Re: TODO emails and a special folder
@ 2022-06-27 10:53   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-27 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> That would be nice, but right now Gnus is set up to only have one
> draft folder.

I will try to open a feature proposal, but I don't make myself to many
illusions...

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: TODO emails and a special folder
@ 2022-06-27 13:43   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-27 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> That would be nice, but right now Gnus is set up to only have one
> draft folder.

Gnus-delay seems a good starting point

--

@ 2022-06-28  6:57   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-28  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> That would be nice, but right now Gnus is set up to only have one draft folder.

The following seems to work

(gnus-delay-initialize nil t)
(setq gnus-delay-default-delay  "100d")
(setq gnus-delay-group "TODO")

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* [another solution] (was: TODO emails and a special folder)
@ 2022-06-28 13:40     ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-06-28 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> "UB" == Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> That would be nice, but right now Gnus is set up to only have one
>> draft folder.

> The following seems to work

> (gnus-delay-initialize nil t)
> (setq gnus-delay-default-delay  "100d")
> (setq gnus-delay-group "TODO")

This is what Lars told me:

  (nndraft-request-associate-buffer "TODO")

So I simply wrote.

(defun my-add-draft-to-todo ()
  "Associate the actual buffer to a TODO nndraft!"
  (interactive)
  (nndraft-request-associate-buffer "TODO")
  (message "Now this message will be drafted in the TODO group!"))

That is even simpler and I don't have to mess with the delay group
--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.
I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: [another solution] (was: TODO emails and a special folder)
@ 2022-06-28 14:54       ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-06-28 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Uwe Brauer wrote:

> This is what Lars told me:
>
>   (nndraft-request-associate-buffer "TODO")
>
> So I simply wrote.
>
> (defun my-add-draft-to-todo ()
>   "Associate the actual buffer to a TODO nndraft!"
>   (interactive)
>   (nndraft-request-associate-buffer "TODO")
>   (message "Now this message will be drafted in the TODO group!"))
>
> That is even simpler and I don't have to mess with the delay
> group

So many solutions! Now it will be done for sure.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: [another solution]
@ 2022-06-28 15:11       ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2022-06-28 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>>> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>
>>> That would be nice, but right now Gnus is set up to only have one
>>> draft folder.
>
>> The following seems to work
>

>> (gnus-delay-initialize nil t)
>> (setq gnus-delay-default-delay  "100d")
>> (setq gnus-delay-group "TODO")
>

> This is what Lars told me:
>
>   (nndraft-request-associate-buffer "TODO")

Huh, I wasn't aware of that at all! You learn something every day.

* [you need to set a variable] (was: [another solution])
@ 2022-07-15  8:06         ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2022-07-15  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding